About Intellectual Property Right (IPR)
The Intellectual Property Right (IPR) Cell of Maharshi Dayanand University has been established to specifically manage and coordinate the activities associated with the commercialization of research which will help the University to retain intellectual property and appropriate licensing revenues from interested partners. The aim of the IPR cell is to cater the protection of the invention created by the researcher(s) of the University.
Prof. Harish Dureja
Director, IPR Cell
- To create awareness about the IPRs among the students and researchers of the University
- To safeguard the interest of creator of intellectual property and provide fair distribution of returns accruing from the commercialization of IPR.
- To help in introducing prudent IP management practices within the MDU to promote an IPR culture.
- To make the creator of IPR aware of the applicable laws and rules for ensuring their compliance.
- To provide legal support, wherever necessary, to defend and protect the intellectual property rights obtained by the MDUR against any infringement/ unauthorized use.
- To support the inventor in drafting, filing and prosecution of his/her patent application.
- To provide a fair opinion on patentability of an invention through internal experts and external government agencies.
- To identifying technologies that can be put to commercial use or can be sold to an appropriate industry.
To fulfill the above mentioned objectives, this cell manages the IPR of the Inventor under the guidance of following two committees: