University Youth Red Cross Provides an opportunity to the students to devote part of their time to the service of humanity. It trains the volunteers by organising First Aid and Home Nursing training, workshops relating to disaster management, rescue operations and how to save themselves and others in calamities ( Natural or manmade). Volunteers are trained through health and hygiene workshop, how to keep themselves healthy and also expect them to convey this to the masses. It also motivates them for blood and organ donation. It provides the opportunity to attend 7days YRC training camps organised by University Youth Red Cross, Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) state Branch and IRCS (National level camps). Deserving Volunteers who fulfil the criteria gets University Youth Red Cross Merit Certificate and other awards. University Youth Red Cross works on the Moto of “Health, Service and Friendship.” Let us come together, join hands and work in the service of humanity by joining Youth Red Cross Unit in UTD and Colleges/ Institutes affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand University.
Prof. Randeep Rana
Department of Psychology
Phone : 01262-393156
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Activities Regularly Conducted by Youth Red Cross
The activities of Youth Red Cross are focused on preparing Young students for voluntary service and to motivate them to devote part of their energy in the service of mankind.To achieve this objective Youth Red Cross of the University tries to activities are regularly organized/ conducted by Youth Red Cross M.D. University, Rohtak.
- Organize Blood Donation Camps regularly, motivate students for Blood and Organ donation
- Provide Financial Help to students for their treatment up to Rs. 25000/- as per Y.R.C. criteria.
- Provide artificial limbs (i.e. Try-cycle, wheelchair, hearing aids etc) to needy students.
- Organise orientation course for Y.R.C. Volunteers and Counsellors.
- Organise Distt. Level Meetings/Workshop of Y.R.C. Counsellors and Principals.
- Celebration of International Peace day on 21 September.
- Organise First Aid Training camp for Volunteers.
- Organise workshop on Women Security and Self-defence.
- Organise workshop on ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’.
- Organise work on Cyber Security.
- Organise Two Health Chek-up/screening camp at M.D.U. camp for students and staff members.
- Celebration of All India Voluntary Blood Donation day on Ist October.
- Organise Programme on Anti-Drug and “Say no to Alcohol Campaign on 2nd October.
- Organise ‘Swachhta Abhiyan’ (Cleanliness Drive).
- Organise workshop on Traffic Rule/Road Safety awareness.
- Organise workshop on Disaster Management for Principals, YRC Counsellors and Volunteers.
- Organise workshop on Health and Hygiene and Pain management for YRC Counsellors and Volunteers.
- Organise Counselling sessions for the students to redress their personal and professional problems.
- Celebration of World AIDS Day (1st December).
- Program on “International Day of people with different ability” on 3rd December.
- Eye check up/Donation and awareness programme.
- Celebration on ‘Rastriya Yuva Diwas’ on 12th January.
- Organise 7days Health awareness/ Training camp for Boys and Girls, out of Five Two camp for Boys and Two camp for Girls are being organised out of Haryana state and one camp is being organise at M.D.U campus combined for Boys and Girls.
- Workshop on Health Awareness and organ donation.
- Celebration of World Health Day on 7th April.
- Celebration of Inter National Blood donors day on 14th June.
- Celebration of Yoga day on 21st June.
- Celebration of National Anti-Drug Addiction day on 26th June.
Activity Reports Conducted by Youth Red Cross