Digital Learning Initiatives & Monitoring (DLIM) Cell
Objective of DLIM Cell
- To review and monitor the current use of digital resources
- To suggest ways and initiatives to improve utilization of digital resources
Dr. Nasib Singh Gill
Ph.D., Post. Doct., MBA
|Areas of Interest||Data Mining, DWH, Aspect-oriented concerns, NLP, Information Mgmt, IT, and Network Security|
+91-1262-393203(o); 9050805136, 9355627736 (M)
Name & Designation
Position in Board
Prof. Rajbir Singh, Vice-Chancellor, M.D. University, Rohtak
Prof. Rajbir Singh, Vice-Chancellor, State University of Performing & Visual Arts (SUPVA), Rohtak
Member (Outside Expert)
Dr. Sunita Siwach, Joint Secretary, UGC, New Delhi
Member (Outside Expert)
Prof. Ajay K. Rajan, Dean, Academic Affairs
Prof. Nasib Singh Gill, Director, DLIM Cell
Dr. Rajender Singh, Head, Department of Computer Sc. & Applications
Dr. Satish Malik, Librarian, Vivekananda Library
Prof. Rahul Rishi, Director, UIET
Dr. G.P. Saroha, Director, University Computer Centre
Dr. Sumeet Gill, Nodal Officer, AISHE
Other Staff Members:
E-mail & Contact No.
Mr. Sushil Kumar
firstname.lastname@example.org,+91-01262-393213(O), 8901473977 (M)
Mr. Surjeet Singh
MDU Digital Learning Initiatives and Action Plan
- To consider the courses available on www.swayam.gov.in and exploring the possibility so that the students can opt for them, and seek transfer of credits.
- To publicize SWAYAM courses so as to benefit as many people as possible.
- To encourage talented teachers in the Universities to contribute their related new courses on SWAYAM.
- To retrain and encourage teachers to use the SWAYAM courses during their own teaching process so that we can have a blended learning process.
- To review the current use of these digital resources and suggests way to improving their utilization further in the university and the affiliated institutions.
SWAYAM Prabha DTH channels
- To buy DD Free Dish for accessing SWAYAM Prabha Channels and to configure these channels in their office first; and later install in as many class-rooms as possible.
- To Orient the teachers by holding orientation sessions so that they see and use these channels while teaching their courses.
National digital library
- To join the National Digital Library (NDL) at https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/ to help students to access more than 80 lakh digital resources at no cost.
- To digitize all books in the libraries so that the same may shared with the NDL at IIT Kharagpur.
National Academic Depository
- To join the NAD which hold all the certificates digitally. All the past certificates/degrees/diplomas issued should also be uploaded on to the NAD.
Other digital initiatives
- Digital Campus: To transform the MDU campus into digital one by following online processes for admissions, academic calendar, attendance, assessments, result declaration, administration, pay roll, financial and such other processes.
- Smart Campus: To transform campus into a Smart Campus by planning for efficient and economical use of water, electricity and waste. Use of solar power and water recycling systems may be planned for, as they would bring sustainability and savings in the long run.
- Clean Campus: To participate in the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan and achieve clean campus that has clean toilets, systems for solid/liquid waste management. There will be swachhata rankings of all institutions and the best institutions would be rewarded.
- National Digital Payment Mission: To move towards a complete digital payment system on the campus covering all transactions. The digital payment modes like BHIM App should be introduced to all students and commercial establishments on the campus, including the canteens.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan: To adopt villages and help in translating their knowledge for the use of the rural poor.
- Innovation drives: To encourage students to think out-of-the-box and arrive at solutions that are innovative. To participate in the hackathons that are being organised by various agencies, apart from Govt.
- Plan for future: To plan a university roadmap for the future such as:
- A 15-year vision: to determine where the institution would like to be.
- A 7-year strategic plan: to work out medium term plans to reach there.
- A 3-year action plan: for immediate improvement of the quality of learning.
Last Modified On: Jan 22, 2019