Maharshi Dayanand University Research Journal (ARTS) is a biannual refereed journal of the Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak. Although having a publication history of many decades, since 25.07.1985, it was registered with the Registrar News Paper for India, New Delhi on 20.09.2002. Eversince, it is being published regularly by the University. The Journal is published twice a year, in June and December. It carries the ISSN number as: 0972-706X.
1. PUBLICATION POLICY
It is an interdisciplinary Journal providing a well- established platform for publication of research articles drawn from Social Science, Humanities, Education, Performing and Visual Arts on various facets of theoretical and applied nature. The journal welcomes only original papers, not published elsewhere. Authors alone are responsible for the views expressed in their paper.
2. PEER REVIEW POLICY
There is a well laid system of peer review of the contributions submitted by scholars. All research papers/ articles are sent for a blind review by the experts in the related subjects/fields. The comments of the reviewer are conveyed to the author. Only on receiving an acceptable revised version, the contribution is published. Rejected papers may not be sent back to the authors.
3. ETHICS POLICY
Only original work not published elsewhere, in whole or in part, is published. Authors are required to give a certificate to this effect at the time of submission for publication. The contributions are screened carefully to detect any regional, political, religious, and social or gender bias. The conclusions drawn are expected to be based only on empirical/ processed data. The journal is particularly averse to any kind of plagiarism/plagiarized material.
GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTORS(Author Guidelines)
The articles/ research papers sent for publication in this journal must adhere to the patterns of style and format being described below:
- Manuscripts must be written on one side of 21 x 28 centimeters, i.e., 8.5 x 11 inches. (or quarto) paper in double spacing in the format of 12 point text single font- Times New Romans and preferably in M.S. Word package in English. The maximum word limit of a paper is about 6000 words. It should be accompanied with an abstract not exceeding 200 words including scope, methodology, and main findings of the work. Research articles written in Hindi are not accepted.
- For empirical papers the pattern would include a sequence of writing the Title, Name(s) of the Authors(s), Abstract & Key Words, Introduction (brief but highlighting the major variables along with relevance of the study), Objectives/ Problem, Hypotheses, Methods and Procedures (including design & sample), Results and Discussion & References.
- The theoretical papers must be clear and relevant in the introduction of the subject with a major focus on the principal theme, based on fresh theoretical insights which should be analytical, logical & relevant.
- All papers must accompany a statement by the contributor that the paper has not been wholly or partially published or sent for review to any other journal. These should not be submitted elsewhere until a decision is received from this Journal.
- Manuscripts should be carefully checked before submission and must be preceded by a covering page stating the title of the paper, full name(s) of the author(s),designation(s) / affiliation(s) and postal address along with e-mail address.
- References should be arranged in alphabetical and chronological order. In-text reference should follow author-date style. The reference list at the end of the paper,should follow author's name, title, journal, its volume, number and pages should be given. Title of the book or journal should be in italics. Follow APA style guide latest edition for referencing.
- For published paper:The name(s) of the authors(s).Year of Publication. Name of the Article &Journal, Volume,Number &Pages. e.g., Crang, M. (2005).Qualitative methods:there is nothing outside the text? Progress in Human Geography, 29(2) 225-33.
- For book (two authors): The name(s) of the author (s), Year of Publication,Title of Book, Place of Publication, and Publisher's Name. e.g.,Krishan, G.,& Singh, N. (2017).Researching Geography: The Indian Context.Routledge: London.
- For journal article from a library database a digital object identifier (DOI)should be included at the end of the reference. If there is a DOI, keep the volume number, but omit the article’s issue number.Format of a DOI could be:https://doi.org /10.1037/0735-7044.121.1.21. If the article is found through web search, not a library database,provide the URL of the journal home page such as- Retrieved from http://ojs/lib.swin.edu.au/
- Spellings of Oxford Dictionary are to be used uniformly.
- Footnotes should be numbered consecutively and typed on sheets separate from thetext.
Illustrations in the form of maps and diagrams should be clear with strong black and white contrasts, numbered consecutively. If photographed, they should be on glossy paper. Theratio of height to width should preferably conform to that of the Journal page (19 x14.5 centimeters, i.e. 7.5 x 5.8 inches).
Tables and Graphs should be given on separate pages.Maps should be in JPG format with 300dpi clearly indicating where these are to be placed in the text.
- Authors alone are responsible for the views expressed in their paper and forobtaining permission from the concerned authority /person for copy rightmaterial, ifused.
- Those who wish to get their book(s) reviewed may send two hard copies of their book(s) to the Chief Editor.
- Copyright of the papers published vests in Maharshi Dayanand University Research Journal (ARTS).
- Two hard copies and one soft copy may be submitted to the Chief Editor. Online submissions are also accepted. For all correspondence related to manuscripts of the papers or book reviews, refer to ‘Contact Us’.
2018 Volume Number1, Jan-June published
- Professor Nina Singh, Chief Editor
e-mail id: email@example.com
- Professor Binu Sangwan
Department of Geography
- Professor Jaiveer S. Dhankhar
Department of History
- Professor Loveleen Mohan
Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Professor Satish K. Malik
University Librarian& Department of Library & Information Science
- Prof. (Retd) S. Inayet A. Zaidi
Department of History & Culture Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi-11002
- Prof. Akshaya Kumar
Department of English & Cultural Studies Panjab University, Candigarh-160014
Chief Editor Contact
For submission of manuscript:
Chief Editor e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Nina Singh
Maharshi Dayanand University
Last Modified On: Jul 26, 2019